Urquhart Park Primary School is located in Newington, Ballarat, with Victoria Park across the road. Our school has a proud history dating back to 1860. Formerly known as Urquhart Street Primary School, our school was originally located on the corner of Urquhart and Windermere Streets in Ballarat, where the historic building still stands.

Urquhart Street was named after William Swan Urquhart, the government surveyor commissioned to lay out the township site of Ballarat. W.S Urquhart completed the survey on December 26th, 1851. In 1982, Urquhart Park Primary School was relocated to its current Inkerman Street location, previously Ballarat Specialist School. The name change from Urquhart Street to Urquhart Park reflects the neighbouring parklands. The school playing grounds and gardens demonstrate the commitment of the school community to provide a physically attractive environment.

Our tradition engenders school pride and enables an optimistic future.